Total number of books I’ve owned: When I moved last year the total on hand came to about one ton, according to the movers. Figure a pound a book.
Last book I bought: Sources of the Self by Charles Taylor.
Last book I read: Georg Buechner, Lenz. Look for a report soon.
Last book I finished: Ditto.
Five books that mean a lot to me:
- Daniel Pinkwater, The Snarkout Boys and the Avocado of Death
- Jean Merrill, The Pushcart War
- Carl Barks, Donald Duck circa 1948-1955
- William Sleator, The Green Futures of Tycho
- Raymond Smullyan, 5000 BC
Five people I want to see do this: